BitFire has a part-time opening, reporting 3 days per week, in our Broadcast Operations Department for a NOC (Network Operations Center) Apprentice located at our Hudson, MA office.
This position primarily works with those in the Network Operations Center but has the opportunity to work in Production and Engineering departments, as needed.
We are looking for graduates and students who have an interest in learning about the broadcast transmission industry. In this role, you will train with other members of the Network Operations Department to be able to support the BitFire Network, software and hardware. The ideal candidate is not necessarily an IT specialist or a future broadcast engineer, but a highly motivated individual who has a desire to expand their skills in both, with excellent communication skills, an eagerness to learn new technologies and a knack for problem solving. This role is a great way to start a technical career in the broadcast industry.
- Support members of the Broadcast Operations Department as they provide quality control for on-air transmissions in our 24/7 Network Operations Center
- Learn to configure, monitor and assist in troubleshooting of live IP video transmission
- Train to operate BitFire software and other properties utilized by the Broadcast Operations Department
- Train to configure BitFire hardware and properly execute all parts of the deployment process
- Support coworkers, clients, and external teams as they execute productions and solve technical issues
- Assist other departments in completing daily tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Basic understanding of connectivity as it relates to video and audio signals
- Basic understanding of computer systems and networking
- Strong technical skills with an eagerness to learn
- Flexibility to work various days and shifts
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with a measured and professional approach
- Self-directed and motivated to fill down-time in ways that expand skills and assist coworkers
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and its associated programs
- Experience in live television environment preferred but not required
Opportunities for Advancement
- Those who complete all training programs associated with this position have the opportunity to pursue the role of Junior NOC Operator and/or Broadcast Technician. Demonstrated critical problem solving and full understanding of all associated properties is required for advancement.
- Broadcast Engineering and/or roles within the REMI production environment
BitFire is an end-to-end live IP video transmission and production company built by broadcasters for broadcasters. With headquarters in Phoenix and Boston, BitFire provides agile, professional-grade, live IP video transport with expert remote production services. The
BitFire Transport Network is a fully managed network that provides point-to-point delivery of broadcast-quality video, audio, comms and data over the public internet at the ideal quality and latency for each situation.
BitFire Production Services are provided by a team of broadcast experts, equipped with remote production control rooms, camera packages, and live production and post- production capabilities.
Bitfire offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, parental leave and more!
Bitfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bitfire prohibits discrimination and harassment of applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com.