BitFire has an opening for a Broadcast Technician at our Hudson, MA Network Operations Center location.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced live television environment, can understand complex workflows, and is able to work a non-traditional schedule.
- Configure, monitor and troubleshoot live IP video transmission in our 24/7 Network Operations Center
- Communicate with clients of varying levels of technical expertise in high pressure situations
- Work with coworkers, clients, and external teams to execute productions and solve technical issues
- Coordinate live shots with national broadcast networks
- Provide quality control on all transmissions
- Understanding of broadcast and video production systems including SDI and IP based technology and workflows
- Experience in live television environment
- Strong technical skills with an eagerness to learn
- Understanding of computer systems and networking
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and organized
- Flexibility to work various days and shifts
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
BitFire is an end-to-end live IP video transmission and production company built by broadcasters for broadcasters. With headquarters in Phoenix and Boston, BitFire provides agile, professional-grade, live IP video transport with expert remote production services. The BitFire Transport Network is a fully managed network that provides point-to-point delivery of broadcast-quality video, audio, comms and data over the public internet at the ideal quality and latency for each situation.
BitFire Production Services are provided by a team of broadcast experts, equipped with remote production control rooms, camera packages, and live production and post- production capabilities.
Résumés and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com.